Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Final Shell Drawing With Ink

This drawing is a huge improvement from my previous attempt. The first drawing that I used ink with became very washed out and blurred. Right away I lost the pencil marks and was basically guessing where the shadows and highlights were. My goal for this drawing was to make sure the lines were dark enough to stay so I could use the ink to really enhance the form. I used a softer pencil lead which helped. I also was more cautious with wetting the page which gave me more control of the ink. Overall I am an satisfied with it, the bottom is the open part, but this was lost with the ink; it looks a bit like it is reflecting in water which is a neat affect (if I had meant to do that). Lastly, I would have used a different color of ink (not brown) because it looks kind of dreary.

No comments:

Post a Comment